Product Marketing Manager
Sales Engineer, Data Integration
Personal Trainer & Fitness Instructor
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Provide customized fitness programs for clients, depending on their individual wants and needs.
Also, teach a weekly TRX suspension training class.
• National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
• National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist
• Hammer Strength High School, Collegiate, and Professional Athlete Strength & Conditioning Clinic
• Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certified Instructor
• Red Cross CPR/AED Certified
Designed and developed a successful informational website aimed at helping teach athletes how to increase their vertical jump.
• Managed every step of the process, including marketing, advertising, coding, graphics, content
• Reached a community of over 4,000 enthusiasts
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
• Created a device driver & implemented “get” and “ls” functions for MINIX filesystem in C
• Created a fully functioning microcontroller in VHDL
• MIPS Assembly programming
• File archiving tool, myTar, interoperable with GNU Tar, in C
• Word sorting, counting, searching programs in C and Java
• O.S. Programming in C (concurrency, scheduling, filesystems, device drivers, IPC, etc.)
• Systems Programming in C (pipes, signals, interrupts, etc.)
• Networks Programming in C (packets, headers, sockets, ARQ protocols)
• Waveform Generator in C (using Arduino, DAC, SPI)
• “Tripwire” that alarms when triggered and requires deactivation using a passcode (using Arduino, IR Sensor, numeric keyboard, and C)
• Client/Server program that allows for the transfer of messages between users in C
• File compression by Huffman encoding in C
• FPGA Programming in VHDL, Assembly, and C
• Technical Writing: Worked with a team to create a repair manual for a Starbucks barista machine
Tequila, Grapefruit juice, or a Tequila Grapefruit
Earthy Kale Shake
House whiskey cocktail containing an egg white
WHERE MY HEAD AT
John SpirkoCEO Fit For Green / Customer Success Manager Dell
Alexander is an IT professional with talents that will enable him to excel in whatever he pursues. He has the gift of understanding the bits and bytes that make IT go, the know-how to make them all work together in concert, and the confidence to go from point A to Z with little or no guidance. It would be a pleasure to work with him again in the future. Alexander has my highest recommendation.
Will SmithBrazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion / MMA Fighter / Personal Trainer
I have trained with Alex Spotnitz for over five years and without a doubt his input, methods and knowledge have attributed to both my success on the mat and the success of my clients. I rarely see anyone as motivated and dedicated to developing and obtaining knowledge to increase their fitness, and the fitness of others.
When training with Alex, plateaus do not exist because he is always finding creative ways to change the stimulus and keep you on the road of improvement. Alex combines out of the box thinking with modern knowledge and old school intensity. With a second-to-none work ethic and intelligent program design, Alex helps people achieve their goals, not only with a challenging workout program but also with recovery and pre/rehab.
Sen Ted StevensUnited States Senator from Alaska
Alex was crucial in helping me understand the internets. Specifically, that the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It’s not a big truck. It’s a series of tubes. And if you don’t understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it’s going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material. Quite frankly, if it wasn’t for Alex, I would feel unqualified in my opposition to net neutrality.